We're on Facebook!
BSYSL - Big Sun Youth Soccer League on Facebook
BSYSL is Hosting a Travel (Competitive) Tournament at Home
Mar 15, 2013 @ 10:58 am
Registration is now open for the 2013 Big Sun Showcase, which will be held at the BSYSL Complex in Ocala, FL on May 11th and 12th, 2013.
The Big Sun Showcase is for Divisions I, II, and III level teams and provides the perfect opportunity to play against teams of similar ability, so every game will be competitive, fun and CHALLENGING. This is a GOT SOCCER Ranked Event.
BIG SUN YOUTH SOCCER LEAGUE COMPLEX
Boys U9-U18, Girls U9-U18
Divisions I thru III
Deadline - March 29
6v6 - $375 | 8v8 - $425 | 11v11 - $475
2013 BIG SUN SHOWCASE POWERED BY UNDER ARMOUR
MAY 11-12, 2013
Spring 2013 Important Dates
Jan 10, 2013 @ 12:18 am
· 01/12/13 Walk-up registration 9-12
· 02/12/13 Tues Coaches Meeting
· 02/18/13 thru 02/22/13 Practices begin during this week
· 03/02/13 Opening - Day First Games Played
· 03/9/13 Picture Day - Be There 1 Hour Early for Game
· 03/25/13 thru 04/01/13 – Spring Break - No Games on 03/30/13
· 04/12/13 thru 04/13/ - 3v3 Tournament – No Games on 04/12/13
· Closing Day 05/04/13
The NEW Ocala Stampede
May 21, 2012 @ 7:09 pm
Have you heard the latest on how Ocala now has a Semi Professional Soccer Team - The Stampede!
See more: http://ocalastampede.com/home/
Come to their first home game or travel to watch them.
- Sun May 6 6:00 PM - Ocala at VSI Tampa - JC Handly Park
- Sat May 12 8:30 PM - Ocala at Mississippi - Harper Davis Field Millsaps College
- Wed May 16 5:00 PM - Ocala at Bradenton - IMG Soccer Academy
- Fri May 18 6:00 PM - Ocala at FC Jax - Jacksonville University Stadium
- Sat May 26 4:00 PM - Ocala at Orlando City - Seminole Soccer Complex
- Tue May 29 7:00 PM - Ft Lauderdale at Ocala - Trinity Catholic High School
- Sat Jun 2 7:00 PM - Orlando City at Ocala - rinity Catholic High School
- Wed Jun 6 5:30 PM - VSI Tampa at Ocala - The Villages Polo Club
- Thu Jun 14 5:30 PM - Bradenton at Ocala - The Villages Polo Club
- Wed Jun 20 5:30 PM - Orlando City at Ocala - The Villages Polo Club
- Fri Jun 22 7:00 PM - Mississippi at Ocala - Trinity Catholic High School
- Tue Jun 26 7:00 PM - FC Jax at Ocala - Trinity Catholic High School
- Sun Jul 1 6:00 PM - Ocala at Ft Lauderdale - Lynn University
- Thu Jul 5 7:00 PM - Ocala at VSI Tampa - JC Handly Park
- Sun Jul 8 5:30 PM - Panama City Beach at Ocala - The Villages Polo Club
- Fri Jul 13 8:00 PM - Ocala at Panama City Beach - Gavlak Stadium
May 19, 2010 @ 10:32 am
Being a good coach only takes a few basic concepts:
1). Have fun and make it fun for the kids.
2). Teach and inspire with a positive attitude.
3). Be prepared, on time and keep players and parents informed.
4). Remember your setting an example for the kids, be a good one.
Being prepared takes a little effort but pays off big in the long run. Feel free to download a terrific Coaching Handbook in the download section of the website or visit:
for valuable ideas and drills.
Also, feel free to contact our coaching coordinator for info.
Woman who bilked youth league gets 18 months in jail
Sep 08, 2009 @ 11:29 pm
By Fred Hiers
Published: Tuesday, September 8, 2009 at 3:58 p.m.
Last Modified: Tuesday, September 8, 2009 at 4:09 p.m.
The former treasurer of the Big Sun Youth Soccer League accused of embezzling tens of thousands of dollars from the organization was sentenced today to 18 months in prison.
Priscilla Bellcase, who was treasurer of the popular youth league from 2005 to 2007, will also serve 13 and a half years of probation, during which she must repay about $40,000 to Big Sun.
The mother of two must turn herself in by 6 p.m. October 1 to begin serving her prison term.
Bellcase, 42, pleaded guilty to organized fraud in May after the state amended the charge from a first-degree felony to a second-degree felony. Prosecutors amended the charge because they couldn't prove exactly how much Bellcase stole.
Though the state believes Bellcase may have stolen up to $79,000 from the nonprofit organization, the state could only find between $44,000 and $52,000 based on existing paperwork.
Organized fraud in the second-degree encompasses thefts ranging from $20,000 to $50,000. The charge carried a maximum prison term of 15 years.
The sentencing comes after more than a year of delay, including broken negotiations among attorneys, Big Sun board members and the extended network of families that belong to the recreational league over what sentence Bellcase should get.
A pre-trial intervention offer in August 2008 that included full restitution and 18 months of community service in exchange for a dropped charge was shot down by the Big Sun board as too lenient.
And during a May 1 hearing, three members of the soccer league board requested that Stancil spare Bellcase prison time but adjudicate her guilty so she has a criminal conviction on her record.
Judge Hale Stancil made clear in past hearings that he was inclined to impose prison time in cases involving abuse of community-based positions. The judge has indicated he could sentence Bellcase - a single mother now working as an elementary school aide - anywhere from probation to two years in prison.
What Do I do When I See Lightening?
Jul 21, 2008 @ 5:10 pm
Lightning Safety Policy
The safety of our players and volunteers is of utmost importance. Therefore, the following guidelines are established- to be followed by all who utilize the Big Sun and Rotary properties.
1. Volunteers in leadership positions (Board members, referees, and coaches) are charged with the duty to monitor conditions and advise the players and families. We may utilize an air horn to indicate field closure.
2. Understand SAFE shelters. Evacuation sites include: a.) Fully enclosed vehicles with the windows up. b.) The concession stand and bathrooms. c.) The low ground.
3. UNSAFE SHELTER AREAS include the metal bleachers and pavilion. AVOID trees, water, high ground, and open fields.
4. Lightning’s distance is easy to calculate: Utilize the Flash-to-Bang count: At the sight of lightning begin counting. If thunder occurs before 30 seconds, you should already be seeking shelter.
5. If you feel your hair standing on end, and/or hear crackling noises” – you are in lightning’s electric field. Immediately remove metal objects (including baseball cap), place your feet together, duck your head, and crouch down in baseball catcher’s stance with hands on knees.
6. Wait a minimum of 30 minutes from the last observed lightning or thunder before resuming activities.
7. People who have been struck by lightning do not carry an electrical charge and are safe to handle. Apply first aid/CPR immediately and get emergency help promptly (911).
“If you can see it, flee it; if you can hear it, clear it.”
If you can hear thunder, prepare to evacuate. If you see lightning, suspend the activity
Games or practice, no one should be playing on the fields during any lightening.
Coaches should be responsible and follow these guidelines.
For a copy of the National Athletic Trainers™ Association Position Statement: Lightning Safety for Athletics and Recreation Report, please go to our download section and get document "lightening".